- Do you smoke?
- Have you thought about giving up?
- Would you benefit from our support to become a non smoker?
We provide stop smoking appointments for our patients where we support people to stop smoking.
Why not make an initial appointment with our Practice Nurse to explore the support we can give you to help you stop smoking.
The appointments are one to one and the patient sets a quit date during the consultation. Advice is given re: different types of nicotine replacements and other therapies. The appropriate therapy and dose is chosen for each patient. The patient is issued with a prescription and is charged at the current prescription rate. Carbon monoxide levels are monitored at the initial assessment and periodically throughout the course. Support is given to each individual throughout the course at 2-3 week intervals.
Some useful External Websites to help you stop smoking:
- No Smoking Day – check this site for up to date information on the No Smoking Day
- Click to Quit – Smoking Cessation Advice
- ASH – Action on Smoking and Health
- Smoking Cessation – NHS Choices Site
- Gosmokefree – This website contains detailed information about the free NHS support services.
- Smoking Quitters Cost Tool – Calculate the money you will save with NHS Direct quitters cost calculator and plan how to spend it.
- Quit Smoking Hypnotherapy – look at the benefits of quitting and how hypnotherapy for smoking can help.