Patients on repeat medication will receive a computer produced prescription form with a tear off sheet on the right hand side.
Requests for repeat prescriptions should be made one week before your medicine is finished.
To request a Repeat Prescription you can:
- Take it in person to the appropriate surgery
- Send it by post, or
- Request a repeat prescription via our Online Services
If you do not have the tear off sheet, please remember to give:
- Dosage and
- Drug name
- Your full name and date of birth
- Preferred method of collection of the prescription, i.e. the surgery or pharmacy.
Your prescription will be ready for collection within 72 hours.
If you enclose a stamped addressed envelope, it will be returned to you by post.
Many chemists offer a delivery and collection service. This means that you do not have to come to the surgery to collect your prescription and then take it to a chemist. Speak to your preferred chemist directly for details.
If you are no longer taking particular medication please let us know so that it can be deleted from your medication record.
Please note we require 72 working hours for all repeat prescriptions
- Monday Ready to collect Thursday after 14:00
- Tuesday Ready to collect Friday after 14:00
- Wednesday Ready to collect Monday after 14:00
- Thursday Ready to collect Tuesday after 14:00
- Friday Ready to collect Wednesday after 14:00